- the inability to graduate on time
- lack of focus in everyday conversations and school
- not being able to play my instruments anymore without struggling to not fall over
- being left out by my old friends because I can no longer participate in the same activities as I once could
- I cannot do marching band anymore – something I’ve been doing for the past eight years of my life
- walking five feet has become a marathon
- no one tries to understand how crappy I’m genuinely feeling on any given day
- my depression is activated during the bad days and I completely shut down
- I don’t understand how I can possibly obtain a career let alone my dream job.
- doctors don’t know what to do with me… how to treat me
- I’m consistently seen as the “hypochondriac” and the “drama queen” because I experience so many different symptoms that they’re not believable
- using a cane at 21 years old (and were not talking a candy cane)
- no more standing and dancing at weddings, concerts, or parties
There are so many more, but I think you get the point. I’m just frustrated. Thanks for listening.